LOST HOURS IS A CAMPAIGN AIMING TO TACKLE THE RISE IN YOUTH VIOLENCE AND ANTIO-SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR IN BARKING AND DAGENHAM
·Beyond Educations leadership project has been awarded £15,000 by Barking & Dagenham Community Safety Partnership to provide a range of sports and music related activities, qualifications as well as mentoring and opportunities of work experience between the hours of 3pm – 7pm, Monday to Friday.
· Young People will gain sports leaders qualifications, units of Princes Trust qualifications and the The Archbishops’ Young Leaders Award.
· The project will benefit young people attending secondary schools in Barking and Dagenham who are in danger of permanent exclusion from mainstream schools.
Community Safety Partnership cross-theme priority: Keeping Children and Young People Safe
• Identify and remove blockages or obstacles which increase risks of exploitation and serious youth violence for our children .
• Ensure young people’s voices are heard and that they influence service development
• Ensure early intervention and prevention , reduce levels of youth offending and re-offending rates and support positive resettlement of those leaving custody